Thread: Blackmagic Pocket Cinema 4K Camera

Page 88 of 97 FirstFirst ... 38788687888990 ... LastLast
    I thought Grant was taking the BMPCC 4k out on Friday!!FOOTAGE PLEASE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LochnessDigital View Post
    It's not too complicated to do the math. You're shooting 1920 pixels wide out of 4096 total pixels wide, so 1920/4096 and multiply that by the 18.96mm full sensor width to get 8.8875mm width. FF width is 36mmm, so divide that by your 8.8875mm to get 4.05x crop factor from full frame.

The stills are 8mp because 4K is 8MP: 4096 x 2160 = 8,847,360 pixels

On first watch of that preview I as surprised. Having thought about it since I supposed that as the 4k is already 2x crop so 1080 120fps will crop more. I'll purchase a Speedbooster XL as most of my lenses are full frame.

Actually, the horizontal crop difference between the PC4K and FF is closer to 1.8, not x2, which is for the smaller MFT GH3-5 sensor.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Denny Smith View Post
    Actually, the horizontal crop difference between the PC4K and FF is closer to 1.8, not x2, which is for the smaller MFT GH3-5 sensor.
    Cheers
    So does that means with an XL Speedbooster 0.64 it becomes 1.152 horizontal crop?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    Maybe Blackmagic is saving internal ND for the BMCC4K
    There will be a PRO version at NAB 2019 with NDs and swivel screen and the second hand value of all sold pocket4ks will fall at the same rate as the the rage of the comunity rises

Quote Originally Posted by Denny Smith View Post
    Cheers
    In DCI 4K mode: 36mm / 18.96mm = 1.9x crop.

In UHD: 36mm / 17.775mm = 2.0x crop.

Quote Originally Posted by Taikonaut View Post
    So does that means with an XL Speedbooster 0.64 it becomes 1.152 horizontal crop?
    36mm / (18.96mm / 0.64x) = 1.2x crop.
    Aaron Lochert

After a pretty turbulent shoot recently where I had to broadcast 10 hours of live video feed with intermittent recording, I'm going to hold off on buying this when it comes out for the reason of its output being HDMI. All of the issues experienced with the project stemmed from sensitive full sized HDMI connection problems. I've never had any issues with the Production 4K SDI and will wait/save for a SDI-based camera. (Micro Cinema 4K plz?)

Micro Cinema Camera -> Video Assist -> Paralinx -> Remote reference monitor -> Splitter -> Audience Screens
    All HDMI pipeline

I realize this is not an ideal live broadcast setup but it's worked flawlessly in the past with an SDI pipeline

All the crop factor info is well and good, but FF 36x24mm is not a cinema shooting format, it is a still photography format. It is more revels than to compare the new Picket 4K sensor size to S35mm Cine format, which is the current most often used gate size. Crop factors were a still camera marketing ploy to sell APC-S sensor csmeras to FF 35mm film shooters.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Asyndeton View Post
    What cinema cameras have image stabilization?
    What cinema cameras claim to fit in your pocket? "Cinema" is just a marketing term. What percentage of BMPCC users do you think actually use it on professional "cinematic" productions exclusively? A few for sure. What percentage of buyers do you think use this for everyday walk around point and shoot or for low/no budget short narratives where they can't afford a steadicam or even a gimbal? Probably a whole lot more. Cater to your customers, not your contradictory marketing term.

Senior Member Michael Sandiford's Avatar
    So now it looks like every one and their dog has preordered one and I honestly believe this may be the most important digital camera release since the 5dmk2 (10 years ago). Does that mean I can go around being a hipster reminding everyone that I was into Blackmagic from the original BMCC.