Thread: Blackmagic Pocket Cinema 4K Camera

Page 102 of 139 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1386
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainHook View Post
    Schleem is something we can look at for future consideration now that we finally have a Fleeb.
    Yeah, but make sure there is a separate setting for the dinglebop.

I’m loving how these small form cameras are really starting to have great specs. I mean, 12 bit! I’ve literally just bought a gh5s, but with the price of this, I think I’ll have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Glencairn View Post
    Yeah, but make sure there is a separate setting for the dinglebop.
    Does this mean the debate on universal shorthand for the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K is finally over and we are actually going with Thingamabob4K?

Schleem and Dinglebop on release, Fleeb firmware update coming by xmas. Our dreams came true boys and girls.

I'm down with that.

It's now official.

It's the Blackmagic Thingamabob4K.
    Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
    Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
    Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Lot of filler in this thread. I'm guessing that means BM hasn't released any BMP4K footage.

In honesty as a colorists, when you look very closely at the hue data, the color resolution is actually VERY low, on this cam, better than DSLR, but cameras like RED and ALEXA have about 6x more color resolution in the final image. I am not sure if its the bayer filters they are using or the simple debayer algorithm stored in the DNG's but this is what I am disappointed about because blackmagic has had 5 years to fix it, its literally the only thing seperating the image coming from from competing with alexa and red more closely is the lower color resolution and color noise present.

Quote Originally Posted by JackMiller7 View Post
    In honesty as a colorists, when you look very closely at the hue data, the color resolution is actually VERY low, on this cam, better than DSLR, but cameras like RED and ALEXA have about 6x more color resolution in the final image. I am not sure if its the bayer filters they are using or the simple debayer algorithm stored in the DNG's but this is what I am disappointed about because blackmagic has had 5 years to fix it, its literally the only thing seperating the image coming from from competing with alexa and red more closely is the lower color resolution and color noise present.
    In BM cameras colors may feels dimmed and weak in RAW because there is no additional input correction applied. You get 100% pure RAW colors. Other cameras never allow this, they always apply complicated LUT based color correction input profile to the video.
    In ProRes mode BM cameras apply LUT based color correction input profile to the video, so the colors looks more saturated and matched, but that input profile may be not too perfect in some situations. Probably things may be better with new version of Color Science.
    For best result you just need to use RAW video and build custom input color correction profile wth ColorChecker in Resolve.
    Try to check these threads with tests and workflow examples:
    http://www.bmcuser.com/showthread.php?21154
    http://www.bmcuser.com/showthread.ph...l=1#post243677
    http://www.bmcuser.com/showthread.ph...l=1#post243587
    http://www.bmcuser.com/showthread.ph...l=1#post246905
    All my custom made accessories for BMMCC/BMMSC now available here https://lavky.com/radioproektor/

deleted
    Last edited by Sansetsu-Guyse; 05-02-2018 at 01:31 AM.
    On skin tones- "Give me mud and I will make the skin of Venus out of it, if you allow me to surround it as I please", Eugéne Delacroix

Heey Jack,

I am no colorist, but could you explain, describe, proof this with images? As I am quite interested in this(and a lot of other people prob as well).
    Also if this is true, we can all send this to BM making it a priority.

Thanks,

when you look very closely at the hue data, the color resolution is actually VERY low, on this cam
    I sold a RED camera and went for Blackmagic cameras because I liked the colors better (and thought they were close enough to Alexa). I don't doubt your findings, I'd just argue that it doesn't matter when looking at the bigger picture. I doubt any DoP changes her/his mind over a camera because there might be something technically 'when you look very closely at the hue data'.