Thread: Cheap Wide angle for the BMPCC or any M4/3 camera

1. #1 Cheap Wide angle for the BMPCC or any M4/3 camera 
    Hello everyone, I hope you guys spend nice X-mas holidays. I purchased a Pixco 8mm for about 60$ because I was struggling to get wide shots with the pocket. I'm quite satisfied with this lense even if it's not the sharpest one.
    Here is a quick footage I shot with it in low light.
    Let me know what you think.
    Merry Christmas to you fellas !

I suppose it's okay for $60... but why would you even want to get a $60 lens for a camera that shoots 13-stop RAW? Seems like putting plastic shopping cart wheels on a Mustang.
    The enormous lens distortion of this makes it look like uncorrected GoPro footage.

Like most people, I wanted a great super wide lens for my MFT mount cameras too. I tested many and ended up keeping only the Samyang/Rokinon 10mm. It has great optical quality and an absolutely amazingly LOW amount of barrel distortion. It's a relatively fast lens too.
    Sure...it's not $60... but it's not $800 either. It's about $400 and it's a serious lens. If you put a speedbooster in line (which many of us already have) then it gets even wider and ever faster.

I've been through "cheap" lenses, and i didn't end up keeping any of them except for maybe to use as a "special effect"...but not to use in normal shooting applications.

I don't mean to hijack this thread and try to bump the discussion up to a much more expensive wide lens, only to mention my solution to the wide lens challenge that small sensors tend to face.
    Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
    Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
    Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Not quite as wide, and not $60 but a very good deal at $274 is the 12mm rokinon on sale at Bhphoto right now. It has the advantage of being extremely lightweight for gimbal work, but as a native m43 mount your not going to speedboost it.