Thread: GH5s

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Seriously. Having Pro res raw licensing would help keep the Gh5s in my kit. Otherwise the 4K pocket is going to be my gimbal B/C camera once it ships.

GH5 and s have a pretty significant edge on battery life. Continuous auto focus, although not as great as canon and along with a flip out screen it's not so black and white for me.

Pocket wins in multiple categories. Price, codecs, dynamic range, bit depth and most likely on board audio.

GH5s. Battery life, OLPF ( not sure if the bmpcc4k has one) and flip screen.

For me I guess it's gonna come down to if BMD can pull out that magic image. I prefer the form factor of the panasonic.

Quote Originally Posted by robmneilson View Post
    Seriously. Having Pro res raw licensing would help keep the Gh5s in my kit. Otherwise the 4K pocket is going to be my gimbal B/C camera once it ships.
    To get ProRes Raw to an external recorder, the Camera must be able to output a Raw uncompressed Video signal, which can not be done via HDMI, yiu need a SDI connection, so u til Panny puts a SDI connector on the GH5/S, no ProRes Raw externally. Not sure if the camera can record this internally on SD cards either. BM uses CFast cards for a Raw DNG.
    Cheers
    Last edited by Denny Smith; 04-16-2018 at 12:06 PM.