Thread: SmallHD 501 for Ursa Mini 4.6k

1. #1 SmallHD 501 for Ursa Mini 4.6k 
    I have 501 monitor that I'd like to use, as well as a Nyrius Pro setup (wireless HDMI transmitter/Reciever setup). Both have HDMI inputs/outputs. I'm aware of the black magic mini converter, but there are a few models and I'm not sure which I'd be able to use. Also, if there's a cheaper solution for converting SDI to HDMI I would love hear one!!

I use the Blackmagic Micro converter on the Pocket and Micro cameras without issue to get dual SDI output, but that's going from HDMI to dual SDI. I don't know of any converters that do the opposite with two outputs. I guess you could loop the HDMI transmitter through the output of the 501 as long as you can power both the converter and transmitter.

Quote Originally Posted by PeopleCanFly View Post
    I use the Blackmagic Micro converter on the Pocket and Micro cameras without issue to get dual SDI output, but that's going from HDMI to dual SDI. I don't know of any converters that do the opposite with two outputs. I guess you could loop the HDMI transmitter through the output of the 501 as long as you can power both the converter and transmitter.
    I wouldn't need 2 hdmi outputs, just one if that helps. I'd either use the transmitter to relay an hdmi signal to a monitor off camera, or just mount the 501 on the Ursa without the transmitter.

I use a Atomos Connect SDI/HDMI Converter to feed a SDI signal to a HDMI Monitor. It works great (the monitor I use is NP battery powered and the Connect adapter mounts between monitor and battery). The Connect has a built in bsttery as well
    Cheers