Thread: Aputure 300d vs Rayzr 7 300

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Finnigan View Post
    All the reviews I've seen on the Rayzr 7 are obliviously fake so I've stayed away. The Aputure stuff is nice but to me for the price it just has too many issues.

I’m hesitate on the Rayzr7 as well. I sent the company an email asking a simple question regarding the difference between the premium and standard pack. I haven’t received an reply yet. I sent it Wednesday. I’m not expecting super fast responses. I know most these new companies have very little staff, but If I have issues with the light will the response time(or no response)be the same? That’s another reason I can’t splurge freely with just any company. I just need to know if there’s any post buyer support.

The premium pack includes the carrying case and the barndoor. Thatís the only difference. I had great customer support btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown View Post
    The premium pack includes the carrying case and the barndoor. That’s the only difference. I had great customer support btw.
    Thanks, Unknown.

I recently got a Rayzy 7 Premium Pack, very happy with the light, and the customer service has been top notch too. One thing though I would say though, I got an open box deal on the Premium Pack, hence the reason I went for it, however just be aware the included barn doors are the traditional 4 leaf type, which are fine but I will get the 8 leaf type as it can kill any spill. The included soft case for the Rayzr is also nice but definitely not up to any type of hard use or transport. If I was buying again, I'd get the basic light, 8 leaf barndoor and buy a proper hard case somewhere else.

Michael, how do the 300D's mix with the Rayzr and Jokers ? Are you getting any of that green cast guys are talking about ? I'm really drawn o the small size of the 300D but not if the light quality and colour are not up to scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Bergstrom View Post
    the 300D is a little less powerful then the the rayzr, noticeable by eye. If you have the crew and grip, the rayzr is really nice, we'll be using a lot still. More Aputures will be ordered though. Even though the ballast is clunky, the light is super tiny compared to the rayzr and thats a huge plus. We are filming a side by side this week with the Rayzr7 300D, Aputure 300D, Joker 200 and Joker 800