Thread: Aputure 300d vs Rayzr 7 300

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hey, I do not own one at a time. I just tested one at IBC. I did not notice the green cast, but I was not looking for it either. So I cannot confirm that.

no worries, Aputure has just responded about this, and said that the 300D will have this green cast around the edges unless there is an attacthment used, like a soft box or fresnel, as the 300D was not designed for use as a bare bulb .

Actually, from what I can see on Aputure Users FB Group, there seems to be a bit of a qc issue with the emitter, with some guys units well out of whack, even speculation that Aputure have stopped shipping until they fix the problem.

Well all I can say is my 2 Aputure LS1s don't match either, one of them needs a 1/8 +green and it's a right pain in the arse ! So i've just ordered a Rayzr7 and will probably sell the LS1s if the Rayzr is up to scratch.
    Last edited by Murph100; 10-23-2017 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by polaroid22 View Post
    Hmm I only thested the aputure 300D. But for me the aputure 300D is the clear winner. the Ryzer is 1500K thungsten and the aputure 300k is 2000 thungsten equivalent. So it is brighter. I like that the ballast is seperated, so it is smaller on top of my tripods. It has V-mount, so I can use my batterys on it. + It has a bowens mount so accesoires are universal. But that is just my opinion.
    Out of the box the rayzr 7 is a brighter light. With the aputure you need the fresnel attachment to get in the ballpark of the rayzr 7.
    Hanging ballasts are annoying, you need to carry more separate accessoires, and more cables are hanging around. It also requires a bit more setup time.

But still, both are great lights, I just prefer the more traditional style design of the rayzr 7.
    Last edited by Unknown; 10-30-2017 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Typo

That’s unfortunate. I’ve tried to like Aputure products, but they cut too many corners when it comes to build quality. I’ve had my problems with the LS1S line. People never mention these kind of things on the online reviews...It seems like everyone is trying to get a free light with the online reviews. I’m still murky on buying any led products these days. It seems like smoking mirrors most of the times. It makes you wanna build your own led directly from an led manufacturer.

Thats precisely what I was doing when I discovered the Rayzr, as I reckon they are using the exact same COB that I had sourced. Then when I figured in the cost of building the whole unit and getting it to a ready for road state, I realised that the Rayzr was actually pretty much the same price, with the added bonus of having a warranty and most likely a lot better looking finished product as well.

Top of the line, high TCLI COBs are NOT cheap, and thats only a small part of whats required, let alone all the time needed for all the research, sourcing, testing etc

Quote Originally Posted by The HRHM View Post
    Thatís unfortunate. Iíve tried to like Aputure products, but they cut too many corners when it comes to build quality. Iíve had my problems with the LS1S line. People never mention these kind of things on the online reviews...It seems like everyone is trying to get a free light with the online reviews. Iím still murky on buying any led products these days. It seems like smoking mirrors most of the times. It makes you wanna build your own led directly from an led manufacturer.

the 300D is a little less powerful then the the rayzr, noticeable by eye. If you have the crew and grip, the rayzr is really nice, we'll be using a lot still. More Aputures will be ordered though. Even though the ballast is clunky, the light is super tiny compared to the rayzr and thats a huge plus. We are filming a side by side this week with the Rayzr7 300D, Aputure 300D, Joker 200 and Joker 800

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Bergstrom View Post
    the 300D is a little less powerful then the the rayzr, noticeable by eye.
    Fresnel attachment on the 300D or no?
    Aaron Lochert

There is also the cheap Falcon Eyes FELUX 160 LED and their other models with more Watt power.
    Here a comparison test with good CRI:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BvCQa9nk1M&t=0s

Next he will do a dedicated test to this light.

All the reviews I've seen on the Rayzr 7 are obliviously fake so I've stayed away. The Aputure stuff is nice but to me for the price it just has too many issues.

Quote Originally Posted by frank10 View Post
    There is also the cheap Falcon Eyes FELUX 160 LED and their other models with more Watt power.
    Here a comparison test with good CRI:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BvCQa9nk1M&t=0s

Next he will do a dedicated test to this light.

I've heard this has the same COB as the Rayzr 7 (their equivalent 300w version, not this 160w one in the video) but I'm guessing being from the looks the Fresnel lens is not as good. I'm interested in seeing though
    Last edited by Jason Finnigan; 11-03-2017 at 08:17 AM.