Thread: What's coming at IBC?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosmokrator View Post
    Well, there is NO definitive confirmation that the ssd recorder does NOT work with the "older" Ursa minis.
    Right now i am holding my breath.
    But to be clear: if the ssd recorder only works with the Ursa mini Pro > that would be a really big disappointment!
    Only if it somehow caused my UM4.6k to stop functioning... otherwise, why not just buy an external SSD recorder if you need one? Honestly, I don't see what the fuss is about. However, it would be odd IMO if BMD made an external recorder that only worked with the UMP, it seems like a generic recorder with power pass though in v-mount or gold mount would sell more units.

Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by Kosmokrator View Post
    But to be clear: if the ssd recorder only works with the Ursa mini Pro > that would be a really big disappointment!
    And it would be a lie too. The image you posted from IBC explicitly say so in black and white the SSD module is compatable with the other Minis not just the Mini Pro. It is possible customers decide to purchase the Mini 4k and 4.6k with a view that the SSD module will also work after visiting IBC. If it does not then they wil be mislead by a false piece of marketing.
    Last edited by Taikonaut; 09-25-2017 at 02:48 PM.

It has been officially stated that it currently only works with the pro. It has also been stated that they will look into making it work with the mini in the future. From the official BMD forums "We are hoping to add support for it in the Mini in a firmware update but at launch, as mentioned by Grant in the press conference earlier in the year, it will be supported initially on the URSA Mini Pro." - Tim Schumann

Quote Originally Posted by TheInternet View Post
    It has been officially stated that it currently only works with the pro. It has also been stated that they will look into making it work with the mini in the future. From the official BMD forums "We are hoping to add support for it in the Mini in a firmware update but at launch, as mentioned by Grant in the press conference earlier in the year, it will be supported initially on the URSA Mini Pro." - Tim Schumann
    I saw Tim's post over at BMD forum and he just echos what Grant had said 6 months ago. It WAS indeed official statement until recently when their appear to be 2 camps of reps at IBC, one said only the UMP on video and another been told it is available for all Minis and the information card next to the module also support this. So now who is official?
    It is entirely possible product development are more advance than so call official statement and the two come ahead due to lack of communication or fear of getting things wrong given what happen with the Big Ursa.

Tim Schumann is the product manager. He will give you the most up to date and accurate information on the progress of its development.
    Blackmagic Design
    My BMD LUTs.

**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainHook View Post
    Tim Schumann is the product manager. He will give you the most up to date and accurate information on the progress of its development.
    Kind of Sad that all BMD employee's speaking publicly can't be trusted..

True that. I've only been wrong once. I thought I was wrong but I was not.

Quote Originally Posted by Bino View Post
    Tim,

I already know about the capabilities of the SSD recorder. I've been waiting on this since Grant announced it at NAB 2017. My post was to show that BM and their staff aren't on the same sheet of music. You post what you want buddy. This is a free world. I should of made it clear with my first post saying that we should wait until it finally comes out because they don't know what it does.
    Fair enough... wasn't thinking you were posting about the lack of in house knowledge at BMD, but it's more obvious now that you cleared it up.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainHook View Post
    Thank you! I am ok with that info and i keep my fingers crossed that BM will (hopefully) be able to provide the ssd recorder for us Ursa mini (non pro) users in the near future.