Thread: What's coming at IBC?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bino View Post
    It was a tech person. I've been posting on this site for over 2 years. I'm posting what they said. I don't make things up. They are really confused.
    Well this so call tech preson need to go on a course. You only need to go by this, everything else is fake news

It was a tech person. I've been posting on this site for over 2 years. I'm posting what they said. I don't make things up. They are really confused. Here is the full message including the name of the guy.

Thank you for contacting us. The SSD recorder is only compatible with the URSA Mini Pro, and I can not guarantee that it will work with any other camera. Also, since it uses the cFast card slots to connect to the camera, you will not be able to record to cFast cards and SSDs at the same time. However, you should be able to record to SSDs and SD cards simultaneously. Unfortunately, I do not have access to any information pertaining to future product release dates.

All the Best,

Zach Saunders
    Technical Support Representative
    Blackmagic Design Inc.
    www.blackmagicdesign.com
    It says "Technical Support Representative" which may means helpdesk people and not real technician. These support reps are passed second or third hand information but are not actively participate in developing or testing pieces of hardware. These folks may not even have technical skills but merely trying to communicate what they don't know.

Your post #51 is important as that clearly includes the URSA Mini camera’s, not just the URSA Mini Pro. Looking forward to the ‘official’ video from BMD to get the most accurate information. Tim Siddons has been a very good source of information in the past. But not batting 1.000 after all.

You're calling me a liar? You're a funny guy. I've been posting on here since Dec 2015.
    No I'n not calling you that. But I do stand by what I said about previous "BMD told me....." comments.

I do scratch my head at your post if you are truly being genuine. You post about the video we are all commenting on a few pages earlier, which makes it clear. We as a collective have all know for many months that the SSD recorder will use SDI to transmit data. The pictures and info from BMD have shown that for many months. So when you suddenly come on here and say you've got info from BMD saying that the SSD recorder will only use c-fast inserts to transfer media to the recorder.... well that's where I'm like, "get that trash out of here". meaning your post.

Even if you weren't sure, you should have been sure that the rep was just plan wrong and took it as that.

I had a rep tell me to hold the red 'power' button at the top of the Micro for five seconds to reset it. I asked him "if he meant the 'Record' button at the top?", he said no the 'power' button. I said that's the 'record' button. I still don't think I convinced him and the conversation never went anywhere. Finally he said he would forward my concerns to home office techs.
    I realized he just didn't know what he was talking about, but I have talked great reps who were very knowledgeable in the past so...

They should just tell us straight out instead of us having to wait for a new video. I don't get all this indirectness.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Cook View Post
    No I'n not calling you that. But I do stand by what I said about previous "BMD told me....." comments.

I do scratch my head at your post if you are truly being genuine. You post about the video we are all commenting on a few pages earlier, which makes it clear. We as a collective have all know for many months that the SSD recorder will use SDI to transmit data. The pictures and info from BMD have shown that for many months. So when you suddenly come on here and say you've got info from BMD saying that the SSD recorder will only use c-fast inserts to transfer media to the recorder.... well that's where I'm like, "get that trash out of here". meaning your post.

Even if you weren't sure, you should have been sure that the rep was just plan wrong and took it as that.

I had a rep tell me to hold the red 'power' button at the top of the Micro for five seconds to reset it. I asked him "if he meant the 'Record' button at the top?", he said no the 'power' button. I said that's the 'record' button. I still don't think I convinced him and the conversation never went anywhere. Finally he said he would forward my concerns to home office techs.
    I realized he just didn't know what he was talking about, but I have talked great reps who were very knowledgeable in the past so...
    Tim,

I already know about the capabilities of the SSD recorder. I've been waiting on this since Grant announced it at NAB 2017. My post was to show that BM and their staff aren't on the same sheet of music. You post what you want buddy. This is a free world. I should of made it clear with my first post saying that we should wait until it finally comes out because they don't know what it does.

But seriously, I think everyone knows it will most likely work with all URSA Mini's.. I wish people would stop being so dramatic and just wait...

My only gripe about it the molded cables rather than connectors. I get it's cheaper though.

Quote Originally Posted by art sanchez View Post
    Pocket V2 perhaps?
    This would've been great and will hopefully be announced next year for nab. If not, I'd like them to see them lower the Ursa mini 4.6k to $2995.00 along with the 4k model. $1k difference between the 4.6k and 4.6k pro just means folks are going to most likely go for the pro version. Plus it'd be cool to have the option to purchase the 4k AND the 4.6k for the price of the pro.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    This would've been great and will hopefully be announced next year for nab. If not, I'd like them to see them lower the Ursa mini 4.6k to $2995.00 along with the 4k model. $1k difference between the 4.6k and 4.6k pro just means folks are going to most likely go for the pro version. Plus it'd be cool to have the option to purchase the 4k AND the 4.6k for the price of the pro.
    If someone releases a Speedbooster to work with the Mini 4.6k at a reasonable price there might be more of demand for that than the UMP.

Slashcam's updated IBC2017 video is now online again: