Thread: led light cob without multiple shadows

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    But it hasn't Bowen-s...

Quote Originally Posted by frank10 View Post
    So, apart their good quality light and all -I agree on this- do you confirm DPStewart they have multiple shadows with reflector?

Anyway, now I'm looking at another brand that seems more complete and slightly more pricey but bicolor...!
    The Falcon eyes DLL-1600TDX
    These exist also with V-mount battery plate, even if with slightly less power:
    DLL-1600TW

https://www.ebay.it/sch/i.html?_odkw...+1600&_sacat=0

I don't know if they also have multiple shadows... I'm still waiting on a promised review by Curtis Judd!
    I have used the GODOX monolithic LED light head with shadow kits and I never noticed multiple shadows. It comes through like any other single point light source.
    As for that portion of that video put up in the OP - it's not clear how that was generated.
    Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
    Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
    Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Hey DPStewart, thanks for the heads up on the GODOX brand. The Pixapro looks cool but only links to UK sellers. Need North American option.

Quote Originally Posted by dop16mm View Post
    Hey DPStewart, thanks for the heads up on the GODOX brand. The Pixapro looks cool but only links to UK sellers. Need North American option.
    NOTE: The GODOX 100 model absolutely WILL flicker at 50% brightness and below. The 200 model does NOT. (They may have corrected the 100 model now too, I don't know. Mine is an early one.)
    The flicker of the 100 model below 50% has never been a problem for me because I'm always using it at at least that brightness because I'm nearly always diffusing it, or bouncing it.
    The Umbrella mount on the bottom of these lights is a real charm. It takes 10-seconds to power it up and throw a $15 diffusion umbrella on the front with no extra stands or mounts or anything.
    Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,

Quote Originally Posted by DPStewart View Post
    NOTE: The GODOX 100 model absolutely WILL flicker at 50% brightness and below. The 200 model does NOT. (They may have corrected the 100 model now too, I don't know. Mine is an early one.)
    The flicker of the 100 model below 50% has never been a problem for me because I'm always using it at at least that brightness because I'm nearly always diffusing it, or bouncing it.
    The Umbrella mount on the bottom of these lights is a real charm. It takes 10-seconds to power it up and throw a $15 diffusion umbrella on the front with no extra stands or mounts or anything.
    Good to know, I was thinking the 200 anyway for max punch, dial back if needed. Is fan noise an issue at all?

There is also the 150W.

BUT, there seems to be a problem on quality on the SL-200, it tends to be greenish, for sure different from the 100. So it could be a problem to match those:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyiXP-XoAdY

Quote Originally Posted by frank10 View Post
    BUT, there seems to be a problem on quality on the SL-200, it tends to be greenish, for sure different from the 100. So it could be a problem to match those:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyiXP-XoAdY
    The 100w clearly does NOT FLICKER anymore - excellent!

My 200w matches my old early model 100w much better than the two lights in this video do.

Interesting that there is a 150w model now. I will probably look into that one as well.

That's a bummer about the newer 200w models being greenish. Although if you've been following the monolithic LED light technology you'd know that these higher outputs have been VERY hard to get working very well without spending a TON of money. When the GODOX 200w first came out I was not only surprised but also fairly skeptical of it.

I think as a professional lighting device, these monolithic LED heads are superior in many ways to multiple LED panels, and I wish more people were making them, although Aputure and a couple others have recently picked up this format of light pretty seriously, which is great.

Why that PixaPro light is not sold in the USA is a mystery to me. I saw them in use several times on SONS OF ANARCHY.

Quote Originally Posted by DPStewart View Post
    I think as a professional lighting device, these monolithic LED heads are superior in many ways to multiple LED panels, and I wish more people were making them, although Aputure and a couple others have recently picked up this format of light pretty seriously, which is great.
    Exactly. Me too hope this.

Anyway, at this point I'm more oriented toward the FalconEyes, it seems more quality light and lot of functions. Pity there's no Bowen-s. The Aputure 300 costs too much at this point.

If you are looking at the 300d, bear in mind that this light fails because of heat issues. If the lamp is angled at 45 degrees or more and at 100% it will fail. So if you need a lamp with those rather simple abilities I would avoid Aputure like the plague. They are completely aware of the issue and offer no fix other than a vague promise about a fix someday...

Caveat Emptor