Thread: Permitted to see samples

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Permitted to see samples 
    As much as I love the "idea" of the camera (iīve ordered one) itīs about time we got to look at some more footage/samples.

I can appreciate that final tweeks are being made to the sensor, but 2,5 months from handing over 3000 USD to BMD (for their first camera ever) we should at least be permitted to play/see/test some serious footage.

cīmon BMCC!

what would be good in the mean time is to have a couple of dng-sequences made with a different camera.

You can download DNG sequences from Ikonoskop's A-cam DII on their website.

http://www.ikonoskop.com/footage/

Just got this reply to my question from BMC:

Currently the Cinema Camera is really in an early beta form. We really need to tighten a few things up before we can get any preproduction models out the door. Beyond that we need to work with Apple as our current agreements don't allow us to send out Thunderbolt or ProRes technology until they are certified officially.

So this seems like it is going to be a few weeks (6-7) before we might be able to really have discussions about any kind of field tests. We would like to get a few of those under our belt before the launch in July, but right now there is still a lot of work to be done!

I thought ThunderBolt was Intel. Seven weeks from today is the last week in June...and they're going to deliver in July?

Quote Originally Posted by mhood View Post
    Seven weeks from today is the last week in June...and they're going to deliver in July?
    They are not waiting to make the cameras... just waiting to get them out the door. (in people's hands)
    -Michael Beck

Quote Originally Posted by mbeck View Post
    They are not waiting to make the cameras... just waiting to get them out the door. (in people's hands)
    IOW, if they do ship in July, the "preproduction" models either won't exist or can't be talked about pending their agreement with Apple?

Quote Originally Posted by mhood View Post
    IOW, if they do ship in July, the "preproduction" models either won't exist or can't be talked about pending their agreement with Apple?
    Apple & Microsoft for the hard drive exfat file system, Im sure Apple will be cool about it,
    Last edited by Phil; 05-11-2012 at 10:49 AM.

I know that I may be in the minority by saying this, and I think that wanting more footage is not an unreasonable request at all...

Me, personally, I don't care. If I have to be the guinea pig then I'll do that. Sometimes it's just like that, and no I'm not rich (far from it), I'm doing some shady deals to get a camera--basically pre-selling work to a few people that trust me and pre-selling rentals on the camera, but I'm game to go in somewhat blind on this one.

SKYPE (best way to talk to me): Camera_Kholi | twitter
    Avery and Pete: Superseeds Feature Film Trailer

Since there is no alternative, I think anyone who has pre-ordered will travel that road beside you.