Thread: BMMCC/BMMSC S.Bus, PWM, LANC controllers database

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shijan View Post
    [LANC] Canon GR-V1 Camera Grip for EOS C200
    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...mera_grip.html
    Looks interesting, I wonder how or if the functions will work with a micro.

Looks like it has stop/start recording, an Iris wheel and a joystick which I assume navigates the c200's menu. It says programmable functions but I'm not sure what that would entail.

I've wired myself a simple PWM controller box using tactile switches and an LED on/off switch for record, but I was wondering if I can use pin 14 (+5V 400mA Out) to power the LED of the switch? It's very small, I don't think it would take many volts.

A very quick test of an app to control Black magic micro cinema camera using the expansion port. I'd been working on a dirt cheap wireless follow focus using an arduino and bluetooth when I heard about using the camera's expansion port. Original app was to allow controlling focus while a camera was on a ronin m gimbal.(I'm still working on that, it uses a servo to drive focus directly)
    I borrowed a camera, lens and bm video assist from a friend.
    I quickly made another app to control camera. I messed up soldering the D sub and melted 2 of the pins so I could only connect 2 out of the 4 pwm channels. That's why there is a break when I switch wires on the arduino - also had to power cycle the camera to make it change properly - that is purely because of my terrible construction skills, if I had all the wires correctly connected I think it shouldn't be necessary.
    Interface is a bit clunky so sometimes button presses etc don't register(probably made the buttons too small).
    Power to camera is coming from the mains power of the camera via the d sub(which is also powering the arduino).
    The 2nd bit I'm changing the white balance which is a bit hard to see in the video but it does change it.
    Video is terrible quality, as it was shot using an ipad(only other camera I had available)
    Lens is olympus 12-40mm.
    Cost of parts around £30.
    Since posting I've tried with 2 more lenses, a cheap olympus 17mm and canon 16-35 via active speedbooster, both work fine. Though the canon has more stop increments than the 12-40 so the numbers seen in the app don't exactly match, ie 12-40 goes 2.8 - 3.2 - 3.5 whereas canon goes 2 - 2.2 - 2.4 etc so I'd need to map the lens stops differently. I'll probably add the lens mapping ability and lens details storage to the app - so you just choose which lens and it displays the correct stops(and you don't see it in the video but you can mark distances as well)

Everyone tries to make a micro remote to match the micro. I had an idea of making a side panel ENG style like the ursa mini pro, keeping it a modest size but not focusing on making it micro. Something that'l attach nicely to a shoulder rig and rails allowing you to change settings just like an ENG camera. I'm thinking something with an XLR powered input or two with side volume dials, headphone out, maybe a small back lit lcd to see the selected settings and then try and cram in as many possible buttons for different features as user friendly as possible. Power the whole rig with one giant battery on the shoulder pad which also adds the necessary counter weight.

But yeah I have no idea how to do any of this even while following the guides or if it's even possible so feel free to steal the idea.

Get Phil's Ine Little Remote, and use a small smart cell phone for the plat panel, and you are good to go. His remote is not a "Micro" size, has the pot control in addition to slider control on the phone application.
    Cheers

6. #26 for gimble 
    For a single operator using a gimble, which of these remotes would work better from an ergonomic perspective?

I would suggest that you look at the options, and decide what would work best for you!

Kim's Levitzer remotes are designed for gimbal use, and has a lighter, thunder cable available for gimbal use.

Phill has a IOS phone remote application available now, no remote can be left in the camera, no cables needed to,control the camera.
    Cheers

Done some tests with PWM to S.Bus Signal Converter connected to my Expansion box with 3.5mm TRS jack. All setup is powered directly from camera 5V output. First i mismatch ground and signal wires polarity and Converter became very hot Fixed it and plug EK2-0907 servo controller. It works very well. I don't have electronic lens to test but audio levels control feels very smooth. You can plug 4 Servo controllers to this board and smoothly control Zoom, Iris, Focus and Audio levels.
    Not sure why but i can't make work simple on/off buttons with this board.

I'll test RMILEC PWM to S.Bus Signal Converter soon and post results here.

Last edited by shijan; 10-29-2017 at 03:59 AM.

[PWM] BMMCC DIY REMOTE by Luke Hogan

I like Mac's button extender idea. How hard would it be to make a small right grip handle that screws into the bottom right side of a smallrig BMMCC cage that has button extenders near where your fingertips would rest. Something that gives the ability to easily press every button without using the expansion port. A cheap alternative, I'd imagine someone with some modeling skills could even make a form fitting mold so it doesn't look ridiculous.

It'd be nice to easily press record, nagivate the menu and turn on the camera without trouble. I imagine the iris buttons being slightly further than the others to make them easier to press and less likely to accidentaly press another button.