Thread: NP-F Bridge Feedback

1. #1 NP-F Bridge Feedback 
    Hey All,

I believe Nux posted this link in one of the remote threads, http://www.starvingartist101.com for the NP-F Bridge. A slick little box based on a Cheesycam idea that is essentially a Sony to LP-E6 adapter. It's pretty slick, $27, arrived in a week from Japan, no BS.

I'm posting because mine had what may or may not be an anomaly. When I first plugged the battery in it didn't work. I metered the + and- pins got about 8.2v then I metered the C an T pins and got 8.2V as well. Seemed fine. The I metered an LPE6 battery and there was no voltage on the T and C pins. I put tape over the T and C pins on the Bridge and suddenly it worked fine. Anyone know what those pins are for?

Second observation, the camera dies about as soon as the voltage drops below 7.2v. I can take the "dead" battery off of the Micro and power my PixE5 for another 45 minutes, the Pix has roughly twice the draw of the micro. I've found the micro to be very finicky where input voltage is concerned. Right now I'm sitting at about 3 hours per battery so some issues aside I'm pretty stoked, I'd have been happy with 2 hours.

Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by Howie Roll View Post
    Hey All,

I believe Nux posted this link in one of the remote threads, http://www.starvingartist101.com for the NP-F Bridge. A slick little box based on a Cheesycam idea that is essentially a Sony to LP-E6 adapter. It's pretty slick, $27, arrived in a week from Japan, no BS.

I'm posting because mine had what may or may not be an anomaly. When I first plugged the battery in it didn't work. I metered the + and- pins got about 8.2v then I metered the C an T pins and got 8.2V as well. Seemed fine. The I metered an LPE6 battery and there was no voltage on the T and C pins. I put tape over the T and C pins on the Bridge and suddenly it worked fine. Anyone know what those pins are for?

Second observation, the camera dies about as soon as the voltage drops below 7.2v. I can take the "dead" battery off of the Micro and power my PixE5 for another 45 minutes, the Pix has roughly twice the draw of the micro. I've found the micro to be very finicky where input voltage is concerned. Right now I'm sitting at about 3 hours per battery so some issues aside I'm pretty stoked, I'd have been happy with 2 hours.

Good Luck
    Hi Howie,
    Not using the adapter but connecting LP-E6 batteries as intended, I noticed they still had a little power left despite the Micro not powering up anymore .
    When the Micro would power off, I could then squeeze more from the removed battery when I re-attached it to my monitor.
    The Micro is fussy in that it wants to have a certain amount of power available to keep running.

My adapter works just fine and as expected with no taping required. Getting 3+ hours from an NP-F970 and totally happy.
    Should mention when I connected my bridge adapter with the NP-F970 the Micro powered on immediately and worked all fine so not sure what occurred with yours...perhaps the contacts weren't properly connected?

All the best
    Last edited by Nux; 03-02-2017 at 09:22 AM.

Funny enough, I just picked up two from Starvingartist and they are great. Both worked immediately. However about a week after, I went to start an early prep for a shoot and make sure all gear is working and ready. Sure enough, one of the Blackmagic Micro Studio Cameras does no longer work with the adapters. I have two BMMSCs and one of them seems to work with LP-E6 batteries no problem however when using either one of the adapters, it won't turn on at all. Both adapters work well with the working cam. Weird. Not sure what could be the culprit.

I have to say that when the bridge is on, the NP-F970 battery lasts a long time (~3 hours of runtime).

Thanks Vinnys for bringing this post back up, I had been looking for the NP bridge site. And yes, the Micro camera’s need a minimum of 7.2 VDC, and will shut down when the voltage drops below this level. Other devices, like Howie’s PixE will run on lower voltage. Funny that, but there it is.
    Cheers

Hey All, just following up with anyone else who's run into this issue. Has anyone found a possible solution to this? I'm still running one of my two micro's with LPE6 batteries and it's tough. I contacted Starvingartist and although helpful, was unable to found a solution.