Thread: PWM(S-BUS)+LANC+DC12V BMMCC Angle Breakout Expansion Box Module by RADIOPROEKTOR

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Thanks for feedback and collaboration everyone! As so as research and development stage of this box is finished and most preorders are filled i decide to start a new fresh and clear thread in "For Sale / Want to Buy" forum area [url]http://www.bmcuser.com/showthread.php?20371

Here are also few useful links all together if someone lost his way info in this long thread:

Recommended angle HDMI cables: http://bmcuser.com/showthread.php?19...l=1#post228451

Recommended low profile angle 3.5mm trs jack cables: http://bmcuser.com/showthread.php?19...l=1#post237374

BMMCC/BMMSC S.Bus, PWM, LANC controllers database: http://www.bmcuser.com/showthread.php?20363

Angle HDMI Clamp with Ugreen adapter: http://www.bmcuser.com/showthread.php?19313r
    Last edited by shijan; 10-18-2017 at 06:33 AM.

I posted my question in the evening and when woke up in the morning this! More then A+ .

The grip looks great and the autofocus got me by surprise. Didn't expect that to work. Hope it doesn't cost too much premium here in Finland (it will), because it seems like a must have for the micro.

Thanks for the info and great video Antithese.

Quote Originally Posted by Antithese View Post

Hello vvvvv.
    I'm not sure It will help. But I made video for you

I have planes to release version 2 of Angle Expansion Box Module with CNC machined aluminum enclosure! 3D printed enclosures work very well but too slow in manufacture and needs too many dumb hand work to make them look nice. Hope that next batch will be available in autumn.

Last edited by shijan; 10-17-2017 at 09:39 AM.

do you think its worth revisiting the design on the mkII?

I personally felt losing one of the TRS sockets (given you can configure them how you want anyway) and thus allowing a thinner box overall would be worth it

CNC machined box will be 1mm thinner inside, but same time there are few new limitations. First i can not fit components to new design due large internal radiuses. But later got idea to compensate that radiuses with 0.5mm and 1mm stainless washers and manually grind edges on them.
    BTW very hard to find washers of that thickness and diameter. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Thic...825515230.html

Last edited by shijan; 10-17-2017 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelvis View Post

I personally felt losing one of the TRS sockets (given you can configure them how you want anyway) and thus allowing a thinner box overall would be worth it
    But you can't configure 4 pwm buttons without 2 TRS sockets

Quote Originally Posted by Stelvis View Post

This box was designed as a part of the kit but not as standalone thing, so the box extend to exact same height as Ugreen HDMI adapter.
    And even if you remove one TRS socket it can not be thinner because you need a space for cable management and Dupont Jumper pins. So the external dimensions and overall look will be exact same as in Expansion Box v.1. Changes and modifications will be only under the hood. Probably new enclosure will be slightly heaver (wish it was some kind of special inexpensive plastic for CNC machining, but probably it not exists). Also based on users feedback i move body to 0.6mm backward to make it more easy to fit to Wooden Camera cage.

As much as I like my one little remote, I don't like that the expansion ports are connected to it. So where ever I want the buttons the ports must also go.

In theory would it be possible to create an expansion box like yours paired with a remote that is smaller? Atm i have the one little remote bolted to the left side near the SD slot but it doesn't quite fit there, especially so if I plug anything into the back of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanite View Post
    As much as I like my one little remote, I don't like that the expansion ports are connected to it. So where ever I want the buttons the ports must also go.

In theory would it be possible to create an expansion box like yours paired with a remote that is smaller? Atm i have the one little remote bolted to the left side near the SD slot but it doesn't quite fit there, especially so if I plug anything into the back of it.
    If you have one little remote with round cable i think you can always open it, unsolder original cable and solder 3.5mm TRS socket there based on pinout drawing and info about my Expansion box. If you can not do it yourself just ask someone in your place who work in repair electronics industry. Dudes in music shops very often do a DIY things and happy to solder something.

Quote Originally Posted by core_50 View Post
    But you can't configure 4 pwm buttons without 2 TRS sockets
    ha - true enough and i appreciate your further response as well on internal layout being a factor

I guess for me PWM just feels redundant since sbus is available and if you use an arduino and the library I put together its not any harder to do as the latter abstracts away the signal encoding anyway