Thread: Nab 2016

Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Michael Sandiford's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    https://vimeo.com/141265598

Whats not to like? I think it looks great.
    Even with the updates they're still noisy as hell in flat colour areas (Macro blocking has been dealt with but the noise is awful, especially in the blues) and aliasing, that and the motion. First camera where when I see it uploaded to Vimeo or Youtube I don't think its the sites compression causing the noise.
    Last edited by Michael Sandiford; 04-18-2016 at 01:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    The Micro Cinema/4K certainly looks interesting. Has anyone found any details of it? Hope it would have bigger censor than current micros, and good dynamic range. Looks like it does not need as much cooling as current micros.

This camera format is great for gimbals and VR.
    I think that the current consensus on this "Micro Cinema/4K" is that it's just an abbreviation of the already-released Micro Cinema Camera and Micro Studio Camera 4K... Just to save some space on that banner.

Hopefully if BMD has a new camera it will have much better low light performance up to 6400-12800

Quote Originally Posted by Taikonaut View Post
    Atomos giving free HDR updates for older Samurai/Ninja Blades. Video Assist really need feature updates to stay relevent.

http://www.newsshooter.com/2016/04/1...-and-assassin/

https://www.atomos.com/ninja-blade/
    BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

How do they update a non HDR monitor to "do" HDR ?

It's moronic. It's like saying your monitor can preview a higher dynamic range than it can display....isn't that what we do now already ??? How does that work exactly ???

If you want to monitor HDR, then you need to use an actual HDR monitor. Pretty simple.

JB

Quote Originally Posted by John Brawley View Post
    BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

It's moronic. It's like saying your monitor can preview a higher dynamic range than it can display....isn't that what we do now already ??? How does that work exactly ???

If you want to monitor HDR, then you need to use an actual HDR monitor. Pretty simple.

JB
    Ya it's too bad that the term HDR is being abused already...

Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    Get yourself the Flame and be happy. You don't want to bother with iPads no matter how good they are. Getting the Atomos is also a no brainer to me as you can use it for backup recording and/or with cameras in the future that may offer certain specs only via an external recorder. It also has professional exposure and focusing tools and LUT support built right in, along with audio monitoring and other features.
    You can do the same with the Video Devices Pix E5/7 monitor recorder, and have a higher res monitor, plus the ability to add audio mixing.

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

JB
    I sold my Shogun on eBay. Picked up a Video Assist from Dragon Image in Artarmon when Blackmagic sent me the Micro to test.

Friggin' love it. Don't fall for the marketing hype with these much higher-priced monitors, guys. Try a Video Assist - I guarantee you'll love the image and features, let alone the price.
    My Official Blackmagic Micro Footage: https://vimeo.com/155747487

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

JB
    From Newsshooter...

"One slight wrinkle: An 8-bit 400nit display cannot technically display HDR. When I spoke to Atomos about this, they did admit that this new firmware enables what they are calling ‘Mid HDR.’ This will allow users shooting in Log to monitor an image that has slightly higher dynamic range than a normal Rec.709 signal. According to Atomos you should be able to see around eight stops of dynamic range, which is roughly two stops more than you could see using a Rec.709 compliant LUT. It will be interesting to see just how well this actually works. Without having seen the new firmware running on a older Atomos device it is hard to say."

Yeah, I also wonder how SmallHD is getting any real "HDR" out of a 6 bit panel

Quote Originally Posted by Denny Smith View Post
    You can do the same with the Video Devices Pix E5/7 monitor recorder, and have a higher res monitor, plus the ability to add audio mixing.
    Yea, I'm just recommending to get an external recorder/monitor vs. an iPad. I prefer the interface of the Shogun/Assassin right now vs. VD and CD, but they are all great.