Thread: Please read forum guidelines before posting (reminder)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DPStewart View Post
    Well then INTO THE MOAT WITH YOU BRODY!

(Do we even HAVE a moat around here anymore?)
    No. The water was diverted to keep Ryan Kavanaugh's lawn green.

Best we can do is send him to the break room with the broken coffee maker.

Quote Originally Posted by cmckinlay View Post
    Ha! I thought this thread was because of me. I'm selling my mini and my initial FS post and my FS repost both got taken down. Now if I had posted the starting bid $500 UNDER the retail price would it of still been taken down from here? Its not very clear. At what point do you consider it "profiteering?"
    I don't claim to know all the rules here, nor am I responsible for enforcing any of them. But I think the consensus is that profiteering posts feel predatory. You're taking advantage of a situation for nothing more than profit. You certainly didn't have to accept the camera when it was shipped to you, and it would have been passed on to the next person in line with the reseller.

I bet that if you listed your rare (for today) UM46 for what you paid for it, plus actual shipping charges and PayPal fees, you'd be okay. Or put it on eBay for a zillion dollars, but don't link back to your auction here.

To wave it around here seeking the highest bidder is disingenuous to the group.

Quote Originally Posted by UTR-Labs View Post
    I don't claim to know all the rules here, nor am I responsible for enforcing any of them. But I think the consensus is that profiteering posts feel predatory. You're taking advantage of a situation for nothing more than profit. You certainly didn't have to accept the camera when it was shipped to you, and it would have been passed on to the next person in line with the reseller.

I bet that if you listed your rare (for today) UM46 for what you paid for it, plus actual shipping charges and PayPal fees, you'd be okay. Or put it on eBay for a zillion dollars, but don't link back to your auction here.

To wave it around here seeking the highest bidder is disingenuous to the group.
    I get your point but its still a grey area as I posted it at the MSRP...which is what I paid. So until someone bids above that price...then and only then would it be very minimal profiteering. And at this point no one has bid on it yet.
    I don't see it as predatory, I see it as an advantage. You need the camera next week for your shoot, buy mine. Or Risk waiting for a store to get them in stock just in time for your shoot.

So until someone bids above that price...then and only then would it be very minimal profiteering.
    Did your post specifically state that you would be accepting the highest offer? I don't see any grey area in that; that's pretty black and white to me.
    Aaron Lochert

Quote Originally Posted by LochnessDigital View Post
    Did your post specifically state that you would be accepting the highest offer? I don't see any grey area in that; that's pretty black and white to me.
    It's ebay...you have to sell to the highest bidder. Those are their rules. My point is , If I put the starting bid $500 under MSRP, No profiteering until someones bids pushes it above MSRP. Would they still remove the post from the FS section? Do you see what I am getting at?
    Its no big deal though. Contrary to what people here are saying, there is plenty of backlog at resellers that I have gotten significant interest on my mini. And if magically no one bids on it, Ill just return it to Adorama.

It's ebay...you have to sell to the highest bidder. Those are their rules. My point is , If I put the starting bid $500 under MSRP, No profiteering until someones bids pushes it above MSRP. Would they still remove the post from the FS section? Do you see what I am getting at?
    Its no big deal though. Contrary to what people here are saying, there is plenty of backlog at resellers that I have gotten significant interest on my mini. And if magically no one bids on it, Ill just return it to Adorama.
    Deleting your post here didn't delete your eBay listing.

Auction your cam off for whatever you can get for it on eBay.

Or--

List it here with an actual price.

The bmcuser for sale forum isn't an auction forum. And this isn't merely a place to simply post links to your eBay auctions.

Quote Originally Posted by UTR-Labs View Post
    Deleting your post here didn't delete your eBay listing.

Auction your cam off for whatever you can get for it on eBay.

Or--

List it here with an actual price.

The bmcuser for sale forum isn't an auction forum. And this isn't merely a place to simply post links to your eBay auctions.
    Actually, you are allowed to post ebay links as per the forum rules. Just no bumps or "time-remaining" updates or profiteering. But you don't seem to understand what I am asking.

But you don't seem to understand what I am asking.
    Well, one of us isn't getting something, that's for sure.

I don't see why you guys are busting his balls. Supply and demand, it's that simple. He's not pointing a gun at anyone or tricking anyone into buying something they don't want. This is the dumbest thing (rule) I've seen in awhile. I take it some of you guys don't play the stocks or bought a car that was a limited addition. I bought an sl55 back in the day for $30K over the msrp because each dealer had only 10 available. I paid it because i want it and didn't want to wait 9 months. They didn't trick me or mislead me in anyway. It's life people, if you want something bad enough and don't want to wait, you'll have to pay a little more for it. What kind of a shit rule is this anyways?

It's ebay...you have to sell to the highest bidder. Those are their rules.
    Ah. You didn't mention eBay in your previous comment, so I was making the assumption that you made a thread here and were letting BMCUser members bid the price up. I agree. It's a little more grey now.

That said... don't try and backpedal and claim that profiteering isn't exactly your intention.

I plan on reselling my mini46 the second I get it on ebay. I'm #7 at Adorama and hopefully I can collect a nice little profit from some desperate soul and move over to RED. Before BMD drops the price right before NAB.
    I am going to let everyone get into a bidding war. I remember back when the BMCC slowly started to come into the market, a few early pre-order cameras hit ebay and pulled in some sweeeet profit.
    The mini46 is a hot item that people are desperately waiting for so I am hoping to get near $7k if I get mine early enough. Might be a little much but you never know what someone will pay to get something before other people
    My BMCC and pocket are doing me just fine right now.

Edit: while writing my next post. I forgot to factor in the Viewfinder and Shoulder kit and V-mount kit I already purchased. The viewfinder is pretty sweet though. The build quality is superb!

So for my entire ursa mini 4.6k I would hope to pull in $13k-$15k if I get it in the first batch.
    Aaron Lochert