Thread: How Will We Know When The New BM Cam's Are Shipping?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 How Will We Know When The New BM Cam's Are Shipping? 
    What I mean is, with previous BM cams that were overdue, did dealers or distributors make an announcement that the cameras would be shipping by a certain date? Did BM make such an announcement? Or did orders just start to be filled - as in "Holy crap! I just got a notification from (retail store) that my new camera is shipping out to me today!" If it's the latter, wouldn't the stores know a little beforehand that their wholesale orders were inbound to them?

Not trying start a whining thread on BM cam delays. On the contrary, with all the 4.6k video suddenly emerging, it feels inevitable that one of the above scenarios is going to happen soon.

Any early adopters care to chime in with their first hand experiences on this?

it was the latter, but there has never been a delay like this.
    i just posted this in another thread about how the shipping date(month) has gone by again:

"since i have the micro preordered from 3 different places, i thought id start by canceling adoramas first, by calling them and first asking them if they heard anything about the feb shipping date. talking to someone in sales they told me they didnt have any new information, but after a little pressure he said honestly we dont expect to be able to complete any sales on the micro cinema or ursa 4.6 until april because they may or may not get them in by the month of march. so i said after NAB? and he said yes, probably after NAB. then i proceeded to cancel that order. one down."

i think there is 4 new threads on this situation now, going to be hard to keep up! the problem is, now being march, we are too close to NAB, it's become very very bad for the BM booth this year.

Ya i would say this wait most closely resembles the wait for the original BMCC. I was 6th on the list at Omega, and they were getting one or two cameras at a time. Eventually they contacted me and and told me it was ready. But there was no Big Hoopla or announcements, Finally I received the camera in late March / Early April so i would say that its on that kind of timeline. Then with the pocket I preordered late and one day they just sent it to me. Then with the Big URSA i finally wised up and didn't preorder and just waited until it was available to purchase outright. That was the happiest i have ever been waiting for a camera.

The Video Assist got a tweet from BM once units were "for real" shipping, and I heard from my pre-order about a week and a half later.

The Micro Studio just started showing up on shelves.

when blackmagic releases footage of a bigfoot riding a unicorn, you'll know shipping is imminent.

Quote Originally Posted by ugafan View Post
    when blackmagic releases footage of a bigfoot riding a unicorn, you'll know shipping is imminent.
    Okay, that's it. I have an official crush on you.

Quote Originally Posted by FoldableHuman View Post
    The Video Assist got a tweet from BM once units were "for real" shipping, and I heard from my pre-order about a week and a half later.

The Micro Studio just started showing up on shelves.
    This is what I was curious about - what does it look like when shipping is genuinely imminent. Only curious because we're #1 on a waitlist for two Micro Cinemas, and two UM4.6 PL's. Just hoping BM (or someone) will give me a heads up so I don't die of a heart attack when all these boxes just show up at the door.

Unfortunately it looks like there is no set pattern from BM. Myocardial infarction is imminent.

There has never been a delay this long for as many products with as many preorders and so little communication in the history of BMD. We really are in uncharted waters this time around. I don't say that to be whiny, but just to acknowledge that BlackMagic has dug themselves quite a hole with these releases.

What do you really know about long beard?
    Andrew Bell
    Blackmagic Production 4K Camera
    https://www.youtube.com/user/reklama4demo

How will you know?

....you'll sense a great disturbance in The Force.
    Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
    Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
    Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine