Thread: My Blackmagic Micro Cinema Camera Footage

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
  1. #1 My Blackmagic Micro Cinema Camera Footage 
    Hey guys,

I was lucky enough to be chosen by Blackmagic to test their up-and-coming Blackmagic Micro Cinema Camera (BMMCC).

I put together this first video in order to test one of the main features that was missing in (my favourite camera of all time) the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera (BMPCC); high-frame-rates.

I would have been very content if Blackmagic gave us 48FPS in the BMMCC, but they went a little further and gave us 50FPS and 60FPS.

I also wanted to test how the BMMCC played with my CAME-TV Single 3 Axis Gimbal: http://www.came-tv.com/camesingle-3-...ers-p-673.html

Speaking of which, I found a pretty cool cage also made by CAME-TV that I used with the BMMCC: http://www.came-tv.com/cametv-cage-f...era-p-721.html

I'll post some pictures I took on my phone below for those interested in seeing the setups I used.

Also, I'd like to say "thank you" to Kristian Lam and Hook from Blackmagic for giving me this opportunity! You guys are legends! Thank you!

Anyway, hope you guys like the video

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg
    My Official Blackmagic Micro Footage: https://vimeo.com/155747487

Hey man - I can see a big lens...but where's the camera?!?!

But seriously....

Now that you've given the world HALF of what it wants so badly to see from this camera - give them the other half: Global Shutter.

If you could make one more film that has a few fast pans, maybe some large trucks or buses or other vehicles going by, and then people with full-body fast movement - even the boxer would be great - then you will have covered what everyone wants to see.

And I think you'll help BMD sell about a Gojirion of these cameras.

(Gojirian = Godzilla sized amount)
    Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
    Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
    Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Quote Originally Posted by DPStewart View Post
    Hey man - I can see a big lens...but where's the camera?!?!

But seriously....

Now that you've given the world HALF of what it wants so badly to see from this camera - give them the other half: Global Shutter.

If you could make one more film that has a few fast pans, maybe some large trucks or buses or other vehicles going by, and then people with full-body fast movement - even the boxer would be great - then you will have covered what everyone wants to see.

And I think you'll help BMD sell about a Gojirion of these cameras.

(Gojirian = Godzilla sized amount)
    Haha, the camera is in there, believe me

I would have loved to have shown you Global Shutter, but it is yet to be activated unfortunately - hopefully soon!

I had a head-mount ready to attach to the boxer's head and a Panasonic 40mm F2.5, and I wanted to show the boxer's perspective during a sparring-match, however, I specifically wanted to do it with Global Shutter.

Hopefully will get to test Global Shutter soon

As much as I want an URSA Mini 4.6k, I've concluded that (all things considered), I'll be much happier with a pair of these. Motion cadence looks great. What shutter angle did you use here? The color rendition is, in my humble opinion, a touch more appealing than the new 4.6k sensor. Just a terrific cinema camera. Can't wait for mine to ship.

Also, can we have that song pre-loaded in our cameras for all montages? Thanks.
    DOWN AND DANGEROUS :: A smuggler bleeds like anyone else. He just gets more chances to prove it.
    THE SABI COMPANY :: FACEBOOK :: TWITTER :: IMDB :: VIMEO

Thanks very much for posting this! Looks great.

Image looks a little cleaner than a pocket's...is it, or do I just want it to be?

Quote Originally Posted by Zak Forsman View Post
    As much as I want an URSA Mini 4.6k, I've concluded that (all things considered), I'll be much happier with a pair of these. Motion cadence looks great. What shutter angle did you use here? The color rendition is, in my humble opinion, a touch more appealing than the new 4.6k sensor. Just a terrific cinema camera. Can't wait for mine to ship.

Also, can we have that song pre-loaded in our cameras for all montages? Thanks.
    Hey Zak, I think I'm gonna grab a pair of these too

Colours are awesome. Also used those windows to stress-test the dynamic-range. It held up pretty well I think

There are so many different setups you can do with them - you can go big and pro, or small and discreet. I've also mounted them to people's heads, motorbike handles and helmets, car spoilers, the list goes on.

I had the shutter-angle set to 72-degrees the entire time (which I'm pretty sure is the equivalent of 1/120th of a second...)

Yeah, I've had one pre-ordered for a few months. and have everything rigged out and ready to go with a Pocket at the moment. But really looking forward to swapping it out for this.
    DOWN AND DANGEROUS :: A smuggler bleeds like anyone else. He just gets more chances to prove it.
    THE SABI COMPANY :: FACEBOOK :: TWITTER :: IMDB :: VIMEO

very cool.

Really Good!!!
    Jorge De Silva - Photography & Filmmaking
    Personal Quote: "We should always learn from others! Life always teaches us something! Sharing is the key!"
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1843499/