Thread: Public Beta of DaVinci Resolve 12 and DaVinci Resolve 12 Studio is now available

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwaine View Post
    The mpeg4/h264 compression settings issue should be fixed in Resolve 12 Beta 2, which is available in the BMD DaVinci Resolve Support area.
    I am encountering the mpeg4/h264 issues still in DR12 Beta 2. So it is not fixed. The output quality is pixelize and shaky. I check the output bit rate and it was only 776bps. This is on a Windows 10 OS.

Can someone recommend or share a render setting that actually works?

Just installed DR12. Everything seems to work except that one of the project file scratches Resolve as soon as I click on it in the Project Manager.
    The only different between this project and the others is that all versions of this project are inside a folder.

Luckily, I did the database backup.

The second issue I have is a five at once pop warning window appearing every time I open Resolve and subsequently when the project is opened. Please see screenshot below.
    If the I disable this in Privacy DR crashes.

Any help would be appreciated.
    DR12 Warning.jpg

Are you using the 2nd public beta, or the first? I believe that firewall issue was fixed.
    Blackmagic Design
    My BMD LUTs.

**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainHook View Post
    Are you using the 2nd public beta, or the first? I believe that firewall issue was fixed.
    Thanks CaptainHook!

I didn't even know there was/is a second beta version. I'm going to try it and let the forum knows about the results.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Abrams View Post
    Did you back up your database before upgrading as advised? Or just go all "cowboy" on it?
    I did happen to go all cowboy on it foolishly. I can still find them in my projects folder but who do I import them? I've searched and searched and cannot come up with the solution
    Last edited by mr_sour; 08-05-2015 at 11:04 AM. Reason: forgot quote

Quote Originally Posted by Willian Aleman View Post
    Thanks CaptainHook!

I didn't even know there was/is a second beta version. I'm going to try it and let the forum knows about the results.
    I upgraded to DR12, Beta2. The two problems are solved.
    Last edited by Willian Aleman; 08-05-2015 at 01:37 PM.

mr_sour: what exactly is your issue?

mr_sour: what exactly is your issue?
    I didn't export my projects prior to installing v12. I can still locate my projects in explorer but they don't show up automatically when v12 opens and I can't figure out how to open them manually. I would think I could install v11 again and export them if need be but I was looking to avoid that. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_sour View Post
    I didn't export my projects prior to installing v12. I can still locate my projects in explorer but they don't show up automatically when v12 opens and I can't figure out how to open them manually. I would think I could install v11 again and export them if need be but I was looking to avoid that. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
    When you launch Resolve, do you still get a multiple user login screen, with the site, admin and any other users? Or, is it just going directly to the Project Manager?

If it's going directly to the Project Manager, go into Resolve Preferences / System Overview, and check the "Show multi user login window" check box. Save the prefs and restart Resolve.

Now you should see all the users, and you can login to the user that has your projects, and they should all be there.

If you are still seeing the user login screen when you launch Resolve, do you see the users you expect to see? Had you added any users in Resolve 11, or were you using the guest or admin user login?

When you launch Resolve, do you still get a multiple user login screen, with the site, admin and any other users? Or, is it just going directly to the Project Manager?

If it's going directly to the Project Manager, go into Resolve Preferences / System Overview, and check the "Show multi user login window" check box. Save the prefs and restart Resolve.

Now you should see all the users, and you can login to the user that has your projects, and they should all be there.

If you are still seeing the user login screen when you launch Resolve, do you see the users you expect to see? Had you added any users in Resolve 11, or were you using the guest or admin user login?

Yeah its taking me directly to the Project Manager so it sounds like your solution will do the trick! Will try when I get home. Thanks so much!