Thread: Group buy: Smallhd 502

Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    I was wrong, the email I thought was an RMA turned out to be just another case number. This is too much time wasted and I'm on a shoot and can't deal with it at the moment, but my advice - do not buy from these people. If you want one of their monitors, buy from a reseller like B&H.
    I'm sure this is already 2 late as the damage is done however I just sent them an email to the email I usually get fast responses from telling them of your plight and pointing them to this thread. Its the weekend now...so i don't know if they will get to check it till Monday, but I know they really strive to satisfy their customers. Hopefully this can be resolved.
    Darren Scott
    Freelance Director/Director of Photography

https://vimeo.com/jambredzvisions/videos

Thanks Darren. If I wasn't so busy this wouldn't be such an issue. I'm sure they want to resolve it but so far what they've done is (finally) send the activation # - I assume hoping I wouldn't return it - but since I bought it for the job I'm now on, it's going back, and that seems to be the problem - if I had bought at an established reseller returning would be a non-issue and the whole thing would be off my plate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    Thanks Darren. If I wasn't so busy this wouldn't be such an issue. I'm sure they want to resolve it but so far what they've done is (finally) send the activation # - I assume hoping I wouldn't return it - but since I bought it for the job I'm now on, it's going back, and that seems to be the problem - if I had bought at an established reseller returning would be a non-issue and the whole thing would be off my plate.
    Activate it...try it out. See if you like it (I'm sure you will), maybe you will keep it. I know its the principle of customer service so I totally get it.
    Darren Scott
    Freelance Director/Director of Photography

https://vimeo.com/jambredzvisions/videos

possible group buy for the 501? hope it will bring the price down to $700

Hi~I wanna in.
    My email is whywhywong@gmail.com

May i know that have any discount if i wanna buy this 502 kit-set?

http://store.smallhd.com/store/502-m...tabs#shipswith

Thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by jambredz View Post
    Activate it...try it out. See if you like it (I'm sure you will), maybe you will keep it. I know its the principle of customer service so I totally get it.
    Well I may have to do that since they're not sending me an RMA - or communicating at all since sending the activation code. Problem is, I never really use a monitor, just needed it for the film and spots I'm doing now and I've been forced to rent one.

If someone here wants to buy it from me at the group buy price I paid, PM me. I have the activation code, but haven't activated it. To be honest I don't know if that means it's registered to me or not though, since smallHD's system is so screwy.

so what LUTs is everyone using. i'm on BMPCC and am curious the best BMPCC friendly LUTs to load into the 502. I usually grade from the logc so don't have much experience picking LUTS.

I've been having good results using Captain Hook's LUTs.

Quote Originally Posted by jak3fx View Post
    so what LUTs is everyone using. i'm on BMPCC and am curious the best BMPCC friendly LUTs to load into the 502. I usually grade from the logc so don't have much experience picking LUTS.
    Quote Originally Posted by PeopleCanFly View Post
    I've been having good results using Captain Hook's LUTs.
    Yeah. I received mine yesterday and through the few tests I've run, found Hook's v1.1 LUT to work pretty well with the monitor.

Just an update. I've emailed smallHD for the fourth time asking for an RMA, or information needed to return the unactivated unit. Still no reply.