Thread: Feature Film - BMCC 2.5K

1. #1 Feature Film - BMCC 2.5K 
    Hello all. My friend shot his first feature film on the Blackmagic Cinema Camera 2.5k. They shot the entire thing in RAW, and we edited in Final Cut Pro X. I edited the trailer below, and my friend Daniel edited the feature itself. Enjoy.

http://youtu.be/UmlvSVHdA4w

Taking a Vacation
    It's great to see full length projects being made but I hate to say the grade is kind of all over the place. It looked like 5-6 different projects in there. By no means am I an experienced or professional colorist at all so no need to take what I say to heart.

Thankfully I just edited it I am not sure what the process with the grade was, but I do know it was shot over many months, and with several DP's.

Taking a Vacation
    Well trailer was well done. Sorry to be critical of the grade and I realize it's a glass house situation for sure. Thanks for not flying off the handle. If it was shot raw it seems like it could have been saved. Lotta work but at least matching better. Though I did just watch a trailer for a new professional web series done by the Duplass brothers (THE LEAGUE) and in one scene, the wide and CU were COMPLETELY different colors and it wasn't on purpose. Shot on C300s so does it really matter?