Thread: Will this C-Mount to MFT adapter work??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Will this C-Mount to MFT adapter work?? 
    Hey Guys I currently am shooting with a GH2. I am looking at getting a BMPCC within the next couple of months. I bought a c-mount to MFT adapter for my GH2 and it works flawlessly. I was wondering if it will work with the BMPCC? I am asking because I have heard that some adapters will stick on the camera and others will not. I would hate to put the wrong adapter on it. Any help on this would be awesome.

Thanks,
    Paul20140413_125836.jpg

Yeah, that should work. The only issue you may run into, is if you plan to put a cage around your BMPCC. The clearance on some cages i.e. ViewFactor's Continuo Cage - is a little tight, but still doable.

Taking a Vacation

I had an adapter that looked identical to that one and didn't work, the ears weren't deep enough. I got one branded pixco on ebay for a couple bucks and it worked fine.

Worzel thnks for the link. I am actually a member on that group and friends with Gan :-)

I have a Fotga branded adapter like that and it does not fit on the pocket camera.
    I would not worry though, as the adapter that I have that does not fit, I don't think I would be able to force them on at all. I can not turn them at all, so it is not even close to locking into place.

You can just get a couple of different c-mount adapters and see which ones works best as there is quite the difference in back focus between many lenses.
    One lens and adapter combination reached infinity on my GH2, but I had to get another adapter of ebay to reach infinity on the pocket camera.
    Many of them only cost a couple of quid any way.

Yeah, you can either buy cheap adapters and try them out until one fits. Or you get a Metabones for more money and it'll fit to the camera right away.
    But independent of that some lenses will need modification to reach infinity, i.e. machining down the rim of the rear.

For me the easyest and fastest way was to get a cheap but solid adapter that was almost flat apart from the very outer rim. I then just grinded it down untill it was flat and the adapter kan now hold any C-mount with infinity focus no matter how wide the base of the lens is.
    That way I dont have to shom the lens which effect resail value.

wp-20140114-002.jpg

Some of my expensive adapters including Metabones had to go back in the box once I started using the Blackmagic cameras.
    I tried to adjust the infinity focus, but several lenses needed focus adjustments and thinner adapters to work.

Adapters like Metabones are wonderful on a Canon camera, but they can be just as hit and miss on cameras with very strict tolerance levels as many of the cheaper adapters.

When it comes to CCTV lenses, you'll just have to try a few to you find an adapter that gives you infinity focus and it doesn't hurt to have a couple of extra adapters to try out if you ever pick up another lens or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Nisse-Tuta View Post
    For me the easyest and fastest way was to get a cheap but solid adapter that was almost flat apart from the very outer rim. I then just grinded it down untill it was flat and the adapter kan now hold any C-mount with infinity focus no matter how wide the base of the lens is.
    That way I dont have to shom the lens which effect resail value.

wp-20140114-002.jpg
    Can you elaborate on your technique? I thought the issue with C-Mount adapters was that the inner diameters are usually too small, so that lenses with a wider base can't screw down all the way. I don't understand how sanding the adapter down would help since the inner diameter remains the same. Thanks.