Thread: First BMC Footage From John Brawley

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grug View Post
    Well at any rate if I run into you down here in Melbourne John, the beers are on me - your input and honesty about the camera have been a tremendous help.

Cheers,

Mark Kenfield
    Sure...

I'm in Melbourne a lot. Grew up there, have shot a lot of episodic TV there and am grading a film there at Deluxe on the weekends, whilst I'm shooting Puberty Blues in Sydney ! Hoping to have a post NAB chat with BMD this weekend...

jb

Quote Originally Posted by John Brawley View Post
    I was out shooting some more today. High contrast and some tracking / panning shots of cars....should be able to get those through soon...

jb
    I'm very interested in those. If they look good without noticeable jelly distortion, I will order the camera.

I agree with everyone's sentiments John. Thanks so much for your time and honest thoughts on this camera. I look forward to hearing/reading/seeing more

Can someone hightlight the stuck pixels as I can't see them....

Dof adapter... Hilarious!!

I just saw avengers today. Not much bokehtastic shots there. Lotsa deep shots.

Wow. I downloaded these clips and watched them off a PS3. I projected it on a 15 foot screen with a Christie projector. The footage truly looked amazing. Even the dark footage looked good. Sure, there was some noise but it didn't look bad at all. I watched Like Crazy (shot on 7D) on the same screen a couple nights ago and the BMC footage destroyed it. Can't wait for this camera!

It's going to be an exciting day when that first .DNG file gets approved to upload and be dissected.

Hey Matthew- check out this latest tweet:

jbtweet.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by John Brawley View Post
    Sure...

I'm in Melbourne a lot. Grew up there, have shot a lot of episodic TV there and am grading a film there at Deluxe on the weekends, whilst I'm shooting Puberty Blues in Sydney ! Hoping to have a post NAB chat with BMD this weekend...

jb
    Hi John. I was wondering. How is highlight handling of the BMCC compared to the Alexa and Red Epic/Scarlet? Does it perform more like the Alexa or the new Red cameras in that regard (excluding HDR mode)? In the test I saw I much preferred the Alexa's highlight handling of the translucent tile glass behind the subject compared to Red's. The Super 16mm was the the best, obviously but Alexa's was the closet to matching it easily.

Also, will we see anymore footage before the release date? I'm very confused why we saw footage when it's in Beta stage at its announcement, but almost none since as the release date approaches. It's a bit unsettling.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by StarCoreFilms View Post
    Does it perform more like the Alexa
    http://bmcuser.com/showthread.php?36...ull=1#post6967

Quote Originally Posted by StarCoreFilms View Post
    Also, will we see anymore footage before the release date?
    http://bmcuser.com/showthread.php?36...ull=1#post6885